Barefoot vows exchanged in the pristine white sand... White Bay Beach is what dreams are made of for the perfect island wedding destination. Throw worries to the wind, and enjoy a relaxed venue in one of the most beautiful island destination's in the world!Call Us For Details
Some say it's the best kept secret, but for those in the "know", we welcome you as family to exchange your vows while we help plan your unforgettable escape whether you elope to create an intimate ceremony for two or bring all your family and friends for an island destination wedding.
Plan your nuptials in paradise with White Bay Villas! The Caribbean makes for a perfect backdrop to celebrate your love and won't just be memorable for you, but for your guests as well. With white-sand beaches, clear turquoise waters, and warm sunny weather, White Bay in Jost Van Dyke is THE place to commemorate.
With 18 private freestanding villas located on our private property, we allow up to 72 guests to experience Jost Van Dyke like the locals do. You and your guests can create a small ocean front community during your time on the island.
Access to our private beach and NEW private White Bay Beach Club is steps away from the villas and gives you the space you need to celebrate island-style!
Few moments in life are so precious they remain with us forever, greater than any treasure, our memories make us who we are.
Make your wedding day unforgettable and let us help you plan the perfect destination wedding by offering you the amenities you'll need on our secluded island retreat.
Beyond on-property accommodation for your guests, we are able to able to cater to all of your dining, ceremony, and reception needs at our private White Bay Beach Club that is just steps off the beach.
- Guarantee of 10 or more villas must be booked.
- Five night minimum.
- 20% discount on all villas booked under group.
- Down payment of 30%
- Final payment must be made 6 months prior to arrival
- Incremental payments can be made until 6 months and then balance must be paid.
- Cancellations must be made before 6 months prior to arrival. Balances paid on cancelled villas can be applied to remaining villas. If entire group booking is cancelled then the credit can be used towards a future booking.
- Villa booking policy does not include event policy or food and beverage.
- More than one credit card can be used.
Getting married the British Virgin Islands is easy and all Marriage Certificates are valid internationally. The couple must first apply for a Marriage License from the Registrar-General’s Office located at Wickham’s Cay (upstairs of Burhym Electrical Services), Road Town, Tortola. The marriage takes between 1 – 2 days to be processed. Once the Marriage License is obtained, the couple may choose to have their marriage ceremony performed at the Registrar’s Office, at a church, a resort, a beach or any location of their choosing.
A Special License is required if both parties have been a resident of the BVI for less than 15 days or an Ordinary License if both parties have been resident for 15 days or more.
Both parties, along with two witnesses, must be present to apply for a Marriage License. Both parties must present the following documents when applying for a Marriage License:
- Valid Passport
- Divorce Decree (where applicable)
- Death Certificate (where applicable)
- Previous Marriage Certificate (where applicable)
- Affidavits as proof of Identity (where applicable)
Only original documents (in good condition) must be submitted with this application. Documents produced in foreign languages (Spanish, French, etc.) must be accompanied by a certified English translation. Please note that the Civil Registry and Passport Office reserves the right to request further documentation following the review of the application if the need arises.
Fees for Marriage License are paid in the form of postage stamps purchased from the Registrar-General’s Office or the Post Office:
- Special License - US $220
- Ordinary License - US $120
There are other fees (US $) involved when getting married in the British Virgin Islands.
- $120.00 – for marriages performed in the Registrar's Office building
- $220.00 – for marriage celebrated by a Civil Marriage Officer
For every general search for a particular entry:
- $20.00 – for search by applicant
- $50.00 – for search by staff of Civil Registry
- $25.00 – for every certified copy of the Marriage Certificate
- $40.00 – for issuing any certificate or making a record of any fact not otherwise provided for
- $15.00 – for correction of each error or omission
- $35.00 – for issuing a certificate of publication of banns (for church weddings)
- $30.00 – to Government Medical Officer for Certificate in respect of a clinical marriage where a special visit is not required
- $40.00 – to Government Medical Officer for Certificate in respect of a clinical marriage where a special visit is required
- $75.00 – for couple’s late arrival for wedding outside the office by Registrar General
Our marriage certificates with the Registrar-General’s seal are official legal documents. You may, however, wish to check with your local authorities in the event that the certificate requires to be legally authenticated by means of an apostille. If apostilles are required, these can also be prepared at the Registrar-General’s Office on payment of US $40.
Having applied for the license, you should then schedule an appointment for the date and time you propose to be married. If you have telephoned your appointment from abroad, you will need to confirm it at the Registrar-General’s Office at this time.
For further details about obtaining a Marriage License or getting married in the British Virgin Islands, please write or call:
P. O. Box 3199
Road Town, Tortola
British Virgin Islands VG1110
Tel: (284) 468-3442
Fax: (284) 494-2783
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org